Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Bright Star


Whichever star is closest to you
whether a foot or a lightyear
becomes the brightest star
so it must be with people
if this be the case
then no person will go without
children will have enough food
the elderly will live in comfort
the word fear will be banished
no one will be without love
for at any given moment
we are close to someone
if it be an inch or a thousand miles
in this land is music
where people dance the day
flowers will never be cut
rain will last just long enough
clouds will cool the dirt
where no rock has ever been
to cut a foot or break the plow



Barry G. Wick

No comments: