Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My Fear

It quivers deep in my stomach
that which I've filled with gold
joyful food and celebration

It's loyal and stays close always
the rubbery brood of which
I cannot give birth

In sudden dreams
that pass through wakefulness
my half sleep shudders

This will not be named today
because it slides through
a spiraled pipe of senseless vibration

I have longed to capture
the harried animal out of reach
as it turns to flash its teeth

Magnificent beast who yawns
red-eyed at my boredom
inspect what you create

This tied-up creature tugs
at the edges of every me
that brings the end so suddenly



Barry G. Wick

No comments: