Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Cloth



It's red
the gauze that arrived today
fully nine yards
fifty-two inches wide
and very soft
since I needed
it to be in three yard cuts
for the three new loincloths
I will be wearing this summer
enough red cloth
to cover my butt
and the naughty bits
for the law
Man's oldest clothing
was probably some kind
of leather
upon which he or his woman
peed
to soften it enough
while stretching
the hide in every direction
on an old stump or branch
Now men just go
to a clothing store
to buy underwear and pants
complex constructions
worthy of a high dollar charge
with room for a profit
for everybody down the chain
This is just cloth
simple and comfortable
with the elastic band cut
from some worn-out underwear
and me
old enough to be considered
completely loony
to show so much fat
on a hot day
sitting on my little porch
trailing long flaps
front and back
glad I didn't have to skin
a buffalo or elk
damn that work is smelly


Barry G. Wick 

No comments: