Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Friday, July 31, 2009

The Composition or A Vase: Full of Musical Grass

The Composition
or
A Vase: Full of Musical Grass


I am called to this world to play piano
with a young composer
who has supplied me
with the most avant-garde compositions.
I am playing most of them badly
but he is kind to me
and compliments my playing
of these rhythmic and unusual pieces
that have come from his mind.

Particularly, the last I am to read
looks drawn vertically
like a series of descending reeds
or grass
to the bottom of a vase.
Near the top I see a circular staff.
A flower? I don't know.
I don't know how to play this music
and feeling drawn to leave
I thank the young composer.

Is it not a calling to play music
in that world of talent
filled with wonders
that I myself cannot create?
I am left with the feeling that
I shall return better prepared
to read the pieces
with a more studied hand,
trembling less and excited
to once again recreate his musical genius.


Copyright (c) 2006 by Barry G. Wick

No comments: