THANK YOU!

Thank you to those who have contributed via Paypal to support my writing. My account at Paypal is the same as my email: rikwrybac(at)yahoo.com

Follow by Email

Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Darwinians Eat Steak and Salad



                                     for Mike and Jacqueline

As the engine of life
ripples across its stones
friends share a meal
and conversation

a blue jay flies by
and disrupts my thoughts
about last night's dinner

This is typical.

I try to honor something
so simple as an evening
meal with friends
from Colorado
and a colorful bird
takes me through time
to now

and what I wanted this morning
was to write a special honor
for a visit
only to be interrupted
by the spreading blue and white
wings of a dinosaur

yes, we believe in evolution here
we believed in evolution last night

damn us liberals anyway



Copyright 2012 by Barry G. Wick



No comments: