Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Am Hansel

Winter sun lays upon these south windows
unwashed for years
upon which tree shadows make it easy
to see through the filmy dirt

if the shadows were not there
the windows would be a mottled white
opaque to all outside or inside

seeing though air is the same
the shadows of tree or window frame
even others hide what is beyond
what is beneath

unlike the shadows of tree branches
that make the window dirt invisible
we have no such luck
when it comes to shadows that fall
upon the interior walls of our eye

so we must do our best to create
an understanding of our world
inside of minds

quickly, someone flash a light
through all these illusions
and give me what I want
a chance to see beyond what is here
even if only for a minute
so that I may know

the difference between what I see
through dirty windows
and what my eye tells me
is in front and beside me
because I do not trust
anything I see anymore
and even less of what is inside me
or at the end of my arm
fingers probing for something solid
in a dark world
where photons
are the magic of witches
and every wall is made of poisoned sugar

Copyright © 2012 by Barry G. Wick

No comments: