Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Inner Beauty


Page after page
of what photographers
believe is beauty
today's fearful face
is the tin can that waits
for the gun to go off
some epicanthic fold
a dimple on the chine
will attract the meat seekers
who will surround the subject
for a short twinkling
then off to another lad or lady
left-behinds
slide down the greased poll
of fame and beauty
as the symmetry begins
its inevitable sag
former beauty becomes
a beggar in the street
their eyebrows run away
clutching a nasal hand
that falls away
as next year's bullet
tears away the perfect abdomen
Narcissus clouds his mirror
with no face



Barry G. Wick

No comments: