Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

An Old Story


My Aunt used to tell me
stories I had told her
about where I was
before I was born

The older I get the more
I seem to know that place
exists beyond time and space
a separate place for all

There we cross the bridges
we could not cross
in the life just finished
looking towards the life ahead

In all its glory perhaps
just a simple room
with someone to talk
about the mistakes we've made

It all seems a dream
pictures flash across the brain
of what it was like
and what it will be again

The next won't be different
because the soul sees
through the haze of dream
to learn the higher phase

Oh great universe let me step
beyond this pain to the new
through the silver door
that reflects where I am


Barry G. Wick



No comments: