Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Laughing Floor


You live on earth
in your comfort zone
because on earth
there is earth, air, fire and water
in one form or another
and every time you build
a floor
it laughs beneath you
eroded charcoal
in your drained lungs

irreplaceable

Your tongue turns
into a hardened lingam stone
upon which some may pour milk
you can not swallow

Appreciate the time
when you no longer exist
It was yesterday
It is tomorrow

Now is the time to laugh
at how you build a floor
everyday
always in the hope
of its lasting
when it is already gone
at the first nail
of the joke it tells


Barry G. Wick 2015

No comments: