Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Taking a Moment

Taking a Moment


Here in March
there are still crabapples
on the tree
scavenged by blue jays
and squirrels
all winter.

On this snowy day
I get to listen to music
and watch the critters.

I've stolen this moment for myself
I awoke for it and became aware
that it's mine.
If you thought it was yours
you can't have it back.

Call the police.
Tell them I took this moment.
I'm not cooperating with them
right now
anyway
So you and they are going
to have to use this confession
to convict me.
My lawyer will say it was coerced.

Snowy days
in the moment
can be so tortuous.



Copyright (c) 2010 Barry G. Wick

No comments: