Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Upon Reading the Cursive Writing of George Washington


His handwriting can be read
even when
the “s”s look like “f”s
Ol' George becomes real
with the way he writes
each letter in every word
Grandchildren
are not being taught
to read handwriting
spoiled as they are
by the print
on glowing screens
They aren't being taught
the language
of the times
of the founding
of our nation
Language of that time
seems full of emotion
emotions filled
with variations
not found
on glowing screens
in daily conversation
There isn't much depth
in the 140 characters
found in Presidential
Twitter tweets
just presented overnight
to a public
waiting with the patience
of a teenage boy
running to his room
after school
to fumble excitedly
though his clothing
in search of his pecker



Barry G. Wick

No comments: