Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Sunday, December 1, 2019

To the Day

To the Day


Six years ago

began the last month

of my mother's life


I get up from bed

steaming with memory

of that time in our lives


My life begins now

as I go to the kitchen

thinking of pancakes

and coffee 

with cream and sugar

the way she liked it


Headed towards 68

I've become 5

walking

into the livingroom

of the old house

with it's green wool

beneath my feet


Mother reads the paper

on a loveseat

by the floor to ceiling

bay window

her cup sitting 

on the round

mahogany table


I pick up her cup

she turns a page


I turn a page

to begin my life

with coffee


Barry G. Wick

No comments: