Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Take Flight

Take Flight

It's spring
The mother robin
Can only feed worms
To her chicks
Because worms
Were what she'd been fed
When she was a chick

If robins understood advertising
They'd feed M&Ms, Fritos, and Coca Cola
To their chicks
Then there would be fat robins
Laying around unable to fly

I wish my mother had fed me worms
Then I'd have been able to fly
Instead of just getting by
Believing everything I see
On glowing screens
Then going into advertising
Telling everyone I'd never met
Believe what I say
You can't fly
You can't fly

Barry G. Wick

No comments: