Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Fame

Fame

The story was about a teen boy
Who killed his family to be famous
I write poems to be forgotten
When I tell someone I write poems
Their eyes glaze over in a stare
Who knows what images crackle
Inside their voluminous brains
I feel as if I just exploded before them
It's a comfort that I've planned 
To be so little to most of humanity
Poets recite at inaugurals
To forgetful applause
Unpublished and I'm certain
It's a social death greater than HIV
There are pills for that now
A cure for forgotten poets
Will never be found
Even in rat infested gutters
Where clubbing rats is lauded

Barry G. Wick

No comments: