Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Arbitrary

Arbitrary

There's celebration and remembrance
As this year comes to a close
It was my birthday this month
All measured in years
One revolution around the sun
Really a corkscrew as we go around
The Milky Way galaxy traveling 
Through space
How far away was I when born
Billions of miles
A year ends every day
How far do I travel in a second
I am lost now
A foundling unfound
As a child I could go
To the end of the road
And back
I couldn't climb to the rock
Mother I'm on this rock
Spinning out of control
Stop pulling me back
Let me swim in this emptiness
On my own
Ah
Another tumble into sometime
Such strange feelings
The great clothes dryer of space

Barry G. Wick

No comments: