Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Thursday, March 7, 2024

Blind Clocks

Blind Clocks

Don't remember me
Take me off the books
There is nothing to believe in
Hold onto something in your world
I was not worthy or excited
About anything beyond my 30s
Our lips never melted together
As the heat of youth dissipated

Don't be sad
Nor shed a tear at my end
I was just another in a long line
Of forgettables
Stones sit above the graves
Until the weather wears them
No one will understand the writing
Of this dead language

What did I do for you
Ah I mourned you in my days
Your gifts were so simple
As I was falling in love
But we missed each other
In this psychotic life
Passing through a few years
When our faces were closer

We didn't see each other
As the swirl around us took
Our attentions away from
The important things 
We needed them less so
Losing moments that surrounded
Clocks ticked our seconds away
Their blind faces became ours

Barry G. Wick



1 comment:

Patrick said...

Beauiful so true, I am slowly going into this.