Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

For Poet Nanny Gunderson


For Poet Nanny Gunderson

Mother told me about your
pacing the house in Vermillion,
picking words out of the air
as if they were flying to you.

Then you'd speak with your mother
in Norwegian and her blindness
in a silent room with her knitting
that you'd pull apart every day.

I don't float through a dictionary.
A few useful words stream
through the ice striped window
while snowplows bank the useless.

We are all blind in our rooms
knitting some sense to our lives
with gODD pulling things apart
each night for our next day.

Barry G. Wick


No comments: