Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Night Travels


Night Travels

I wash clothes
in a small room
that was coupled
to my childhood
I compliment the new owner
on the white cupboards
that I don't remember
from years ago
Back and forth
from the patio
to the kitchen entry
I see the two dogs
who meant the most to me
the white Great Pyrenees
and the St. Bernard
who hangs around my leg
begging for the touch
I give him in these clouds
I go no further inside
and make a call
to the Frenchman
who lived with us
after his years fighting
in Algeria
I hear his voice
saying that he can't stay
on the line for long
when an insistent woman
calls my name
in a tone that wakes me
and I'm left with the feeling
I shall be here again


Barry G. Wick

No comments: