Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Corona Bologna


Corona Bologna


Rich, poor, or well-connected,
This thoughtless virus has you selected.
You may have tested negative,
But get too sick you'll beg ta live.
In simple rooms I wait alone,
I have no fear as I atone
For all mistakes that I have made
That memory now my world invade.
All across this wide wide land
The tempest life again has planned
To separate, to take me whole
From all I've  known in my brief role.
Collect your money, collect your things
This virus thrives as death it brings.
It doesn't think about your dreams,
These simple proteins, your cells it reams.
So, hoard away or take from others
As breath of life it simple smothers.
Who gets what or who gets tests
Will never matter in earthly rests.

Barry G. Wick


No comments: