Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Visit

The Visit


I want to wake up
In that place
Two minutes before
I die
To know it's that place
I chose to visit
At the last

There were always dreams
Of building it
Making my arrival
A special occasion
To be greeted
By all the art
The music
The poems
The love I created
In my life
A giant collection of me

Others
Needed me
To matter to them
So I let them take
Small pieces to abuse
Or rather take them
From me

Those important
Seconds at the change
Will belong to only me
As I slip away to greet
The only friend
I ever wanted to see



Barry G. Wick

No comments: