Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Friday, July 3, 2020

The Diggers

The Diggers


Today will be like any other

during this time of disease

They will dig the graves

for the people who bring

the members of their family

The body will be wrapped

in sheets from the final bed

Coffins are not available


So many have died today

the supply of wood is lean

There is always crying

No one cries for the trees

that are now being chopped

for some other use than shade

A digger's tears are dry

His face is always creased


At home the teapot sings

This is the wail of oceans

for all the dead in rows

Too many shrouds yell

from the earth for change

These people were all unique

before the diggers came

We all reappear in the dust



Barry G. Wick


No comments: