Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Monday, August 3, 2020

Bat Shit

Bat Shit


I'm certain this isn't some crazy notion

of why the world has used this phrase

to denote one kind of sanity

Let us review

Insanity

Insane

Crazy

Bizarre

Odd

Loony

Off the rocker

Lost the marbles

One sandwich short of a picnic

Lights are on and nobody's home

Shit for brains

Crazy as a soup sandwich

Crazy as a dog in a cat factory

and a few thousand other references

to personal oddities and limitations

plus all the psychiatric diagnoses

But to be truthful

we are living in a world now

that truly came from bat shit

I've been in my home many months

I fear going out because

a virus has attacked our nation

and our leader has a voided skull

Between anti-maskers who think

liberty gives them license

to infect everybody

and the anti-vaxers waiting

in the sidelines for a vaccine

they will tell everybody not to use

I only want to survive without illness

or death

Truly

this is all bat shit crazy



Barry G. Wick

No comments: