Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Eternity's Cookware

 Eternity's Cookware


I went forward into obscurity

For the same reasons most

People enter their finality

Everything is behind in life

Rotting pears collecting wasps

Memory isn't pleasing anymore

Photos have all been seen

All that's wanted is the blank


It is not controlling depression

It is not a repetitive mind 

Simply put its the metal bowl

Struck with a handy can opener

That sounds a ring of a bell

From a monastery overseas

The monks gathering in a hall


The bowl echoes with itself

Of countless loaves of bread

Meatloaves filled with oats

Bits of onions spilling outward

Timelessness as it strikes

The hour of a last supper

Drink up and taste the dirt

Eternity cooks your universe


Barry G. Wick



No comments: