Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Ancient Wisdom


Ancient Wisdom

(with thoughts of Lao Tzu)


Little thoughts have bounced

around my head

for years

Lao Tzu figured it out

thousands of years ago


In my old age I understand

what he wrote

in another way

or the same way

depending upon his age


One failure becomes two

Two failures becomes three

and three failures becomes

the ten thousand failures


Anything I write after that

is just trying to keep your attention

which is another failure

because you'll go on

and never remember me

which is one of my

ten thousand failures



Barry G. Wick





No comments: