Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Ten Thousand

 

Ten Thousand


Dance steps

the noisy kind that turn the head

through drifting picnics

on soft grass

The surprise of it


Note of music

soft passages with open windows

mixed dark dreams

lightning in clouds

water pressure released


Lines of yarn

blue and red on indigenous looms

to wrap a horse

with falls from grace

extended hands shunned


Frightened dogs

a pleasing yip of joy

the walkers stumble

climbers grab at straw

jars of beef broth


Wet finger tips

wrinkles in the cotton shirt

wilting chrysanthemums

squirrels chase in the yard

the vibrations of Bach



Barry G. Wick



No comments: