Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Hosing It Away

Hosing It Away

I rinse the night
As one might wash a driveway
Dreams flow to the gutter
Of morning
On their way to the sewer
Their life is better than mine
Full of people with no purpose
Unlike me who moves
From unfocused room
To blurry staircase
Shifting panels
Of relentless triptychs
Their liquid paint
Drips from my sleepless sunrise
Steel yourself sir
This prison and it's fears
Awaits your decision
Cereal or pancakes
Two or three eggs
Potatoes or leftover biscuit
Coffee or tea
All the important choices
Behind the scrim
That hides your shadow
From this audience

Barry G Wick

No comments: