Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Sunday, September 18, 2022

The Monster

 The Monster


When did this enter

To sit in its corner

Where emotions are raw

That penetrate all the crevices

In the mind that acts on a body

Surely there must be another way

To live in this house

Not demon but maybe

Not parasite but maybe

An infestation guiding 

Neighbors and nations

An unpleasant beast of many colors

That jumps to its feet

At the second of difference

Which takes umbrage

That sets all the gruntles free

Fly now please

Though many will not see 

A way away

No quarter given

Monster of anger be gone

On that slimy highway


Barry G. Wick


No comments: