Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Monday, April 22, 2024

Dredge

Dredge

On this river that drains
From the port where we dock
To the old ship once prowled
There is a way to sail through
With help for a berthing

It is the dredge that clears
A channel for ship on the sea
Even now a sail cannot be seen
To be certain rough hands
Will do their digging 

Nobody wants to see the truth
Brought up from the bottom
For everyone to see it's colors
Deposited on the shore
They just want a clean channel

Our ship raised a flag to say
What it believes in the waves
And while the waters try to fill
What was hidden in the depths
The channel is open for all

Barry G. Wick

No comments: