Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Saturday, June 8, 2024

In the Dark

In the Dark

Coming and going, coming and going
The sound of engines and tires I'm Knowing
In the dark of the night as I lay on my right
They comfort me some out of dreams that are done

Pitched high or pitched low the traffic will go
America moves night and day don't ya know
Cross Iowa's land that's growing your food
As I lay on my bed in a fitful dream mood

Down in the dark these words make a mark
My fingers I tap with my hands on my lap
The sheets at my back this glow on the map
Unseen and unheard as I type my next word

Barry G. Wick

No comments: