Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 560 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Reading

Reading

As the words enter my eyes
This book does not register
As a vision of a truck tipped
Full of broken pottery
While the book falls
From my hand to the floor
It's pages are made of clay
Fired in my sleeping brain 
Pick up these pieces
To start the flow of glue
That repairs the pages
Word by word they rise
Solemn they march
Once sharp broken bits 
Show their scars to the audience
See the miracle they say
In a husky voice now charged
Retelling the story once lost
Almost tossed in a bin
For burial in a plastic tomb
By metal dinosaurs 
Who won't read their story


Barry G. Wick

No comments: