Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 560 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

A life in scars

A life in scars

When old 
and a memory attacks
Remember it's the memory
Of a failed action in the past
That keeps a person
From progression into the future
Worried of failure again 
The citizens
That might need the experience
Won't receive it

It's important lesson
Gets lost in second guessing
Plus the failure of youth
To listen to a voice of experience
Other nations teach reverence
For older citizens

America is all about
The value of beautiful youth
Who know little
And won't learn
Since they've been taught
They are so special.

The mistake is
No one is special
Until the scars show up



Barry G. Wick

No comments: