Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 560 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Truest Evil

Truest Evil

Waking, as we must,
To my own reality,
The mirror reflects a sadness
In the face of my own evil.
How, at times, I rejected love
From this man and that man
This woman and these children.
There is nothing more evil
Than these negative actions.
Part of this story
in understandings wake,
Is how I poisoned myself
With food, with alcohol, with sex
That proved no love to me.
I still desired this expensive life
Where all was needed
Became acceptance of my soul,
Which is truth to every person.
Now, I try to find amends
With each person where none
Betrays the folly of my quest.
Some victims killed themselves
Or cried until the tear-soaked sheets
Took days to dry,
Just as my own became a desert.
So, I am left befuddled as a liar
Who cannot find his way
Into a story that saves himself.
From his own awakening
Of self-induced harm,
That others now see,
At distances they keep,
Protecting themselves
From whose false betrayals
They might, themselves, experience.

Barry G. Wick
https://agereasonmistake.blogspot.com
Paypal:  rikwrybac@yahoo.com 

No comments: