Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 560 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Saturday, October 3, 2026

Shadow

Shadow

I am a shadow of those
Who came before me
Dark with silvery glints
Unexpected bumps on ski 
Expand into a frieze around
Societal distances due to secrets

No source of light creates me
My edges are clouds
With no particular shape
Easily passed through
As if flying on a moonless night
High up with little lightning

Grate me into a steel bowl
I will appear and disappear 
The tiny fly seen and gone
Continue to look and wonder
Fits those who train themselves
In my artful dreams of shade


Barry G. Wick

No comments: