Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 560 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

The Pleasure of Your Company

The Pleasure of Your Company

In all the fields of gratitude
Certain flowers blossom
White other wilt and turn to dust
Gratitude has many colors
Many shades peek around
Trying to hide the reality of feeling
Such is the phrase in the title above

There are companies that are not pleasureable
Cigarette companies want you to believe
Their products are pleasure
Just temporary relief from anxious feelings
Brought about the absence
Of the addictive element in their product

In fact everything you consume in this world
Is addictive
You liked breathing so you took a breath again
What could be harmful about radio
Exactly and I mean exactly
How many radio signals
Are going through your body
At this very moment
Radio signals on earth
Phones and nearby radio and tv antennas
Radio signals from outer space
Plus bits of this and that going through
Your body
Right now
Good heavens might not be good
All these are uninvited

All this company knocking on my door
Jumping through me without invitation
What are you causing
You’re not company
I didn’t invite you
I get no pleasure from hard and hot
Rock and roll music like I used to be
Uninvited
satellite signals telling me where I am
I know where I am
Contrived and named locations
Entities that have created and named borders
On a named planet led by egotistic idiots
Who squabble in their finest puffery
This is no place with a finite life
Destined to end by our hand
The hand of others
Or our own sun
Or some giant rock
Spinning towards us indifferently
It's not personal 
It's the business of a rude impersonal
Universe with distances too far
For us to cross

If we ever get there
Don't expect a warm welcome
We'll bring disease and nasty habits
Like what
In japan don't blow your nose
On the street
On Rigel 7
Don't wear clothes
Or scratch your nuts
Who knows what will offend someone
3
I like being alone now
Somewhere on a distant world
They crowd and smell you
Like dogs smell each other's butts

The pleasure of your company
Could be offensive
Even in the most carefully
Created moment

You're reading this
I am insulted


Barry G. Wick
Part of over 600 poems online
https://agereasonmistake.blogspot.com









No comments: