Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Monday, April 6, 2015

Passed Another Midnight

As if it were a grade
it is past another midnight
beyond two in the early morning
when music becomes instrumental
so that words don't change this

Heavy guitars were not promised
by this station somewhere
who told the listener
acoustic was more important
than electrified screams

So back and forth it jumps
from this screaming into that pathos
no matter what is wanted
the mind will not settle
into the needed softness

Satie feels his way through the dark
by some juvenile performer
heard before on piano
not so out of tune as this
Eric is not rolling just embarrassed

Mention this dark hour to anyone
they will figure it out
the full dish rack in the low light
an open window to chilled air
tapping fingers to resolve a mood



Barry G. Wick

No comments: