Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Pleasure of Your Company

Such a perfect day
with people in the park.
They throw a stick for dogs.
Parents watch children play in sand.

No one could forecast
this day joins these legends.
Separate evils for untold years;
through these two, men took hold.

On this day doors close behind.
They stroll toward the peopled green;
to their eye's surprise these partners meet:
Greed and Indifference now clasping hands.

So where one is found
the other stands close behind.
Married for eternity these minds combine.
From these maladies all other grief descends.

This day it was when two friends carved
into lands, into trees, into every living thing,
through right of ownership to each abhorrent quality,
now its our charge we take: to rid them from our world.



Barry G. Wick





No comments: