Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Monday, December 17, 2018

A Vision

A Vision

I walk along the river
Sun sparks light up the surface
My friend will meet me here
His long black hair sways
with his stride of purpose
He has brought his sitar
Soon a woman with a tambura
and a young athletic man
with his tabla and rough fingers
A small tree hangs over the river
swaying in a gentle trill of air
This is where I am four days
Each day they show up to play
I forget to eat
I forget to drink
Finally my mouth dries
and my stomach is a burning match
Someone brings milk
Here is rice and vegetables
How do I repay this vision
How do I seal it to what is reason
These minutes beg my attention
as I cool my feet in imagined water
and the love of this universe


Barry G. Wick

No comments: