Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Risk

Risk

It's a board game played
To give common people
A sense of power
Once only available
To kings and generals
Who saw that taking
Land and people brought
Great wealth and power

Every man becomes a king
When he is loved
by another
Love is the greatest risk

My country pieces
Have been removed
From the world map
I am now an unloved
Subject
A subject eats cheap hotdogs
Letting them fry in a small pan
The heat makes them pop
As they turn themselves
When a side becomes
Blistered and burned

Burned blisters come
from battles
In Risk

Barry G. Wick

No comments: