Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Monday, January 29, 2024

Disconnected

Disconnected

There's a bill to pay
Every day
In order to live
On some days
It's electricity
With dollars that came
From somewhere
Other days it's silence
Which are paid for
With mental games
Jerking the past
Forwards and backwards
Then there are friends
Who are rented with smiles
A cup of coffee
And open ears
There comes a day
When all these are disconnected
The lights are on
But nothing makes sense
And we turn them off 
There are no smiles
It's all silence
Full of chaos
Yet no door knocks
Coffee alone
Sitting in the dark
Nothing from the past
Is worth remembering
It is the time
When all the sins
Come due
There are no angels
There is no Jesus
Hiding in the wallet


Barry G. Wick



No comments: