Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Why End Life in Fear

Why End Life in Fear

Why end life in fear
Of nothing
Or what is next you'll miss
Stand your ground in loneliness
Or surrounded by family
There is an opportunity
For gratitude
To thank all who helped
Get you to the same
Experience they faced
It's possible to look
At an empty ceiling
And whisper to the power
Of the universe
Of which you saw so little
Your final thoughts
Of gratitude
To repair all the sour feelings
That crossed your mind
To repair your confusions
To repair the anger
Thought in foolishness
Bless your body
Bless your brain
As they die
Pretend they were fish
Swimming upstream
Failing to see what 
Was behind them

Barry G. Wick

No comments: