Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Pointless

Pointless

Michelangelo revealed
Adam getting the spark of life
From God in the cloudy heavens.
It wasn't life.
Adam was hoping for meaning.
“What's the point?” asks Adam.
“Here is the garden
Full of animals, birds, bugs.
There's fruit of every kind.
I got me a woman.
Yeah, you were mad when
Me and her bit the apple,
But I've come back to you
For that special spark.”

Now, notice the gap
Between Adam's finger
And his Supreme being buddy
(Or lover)
From whom or who
Which is it?
Anyway, that bearded guy.
Is he the one I see every morning
In the mirror?
Shit, I can't touch him.
“You, too?” asks Adam.


Barry G. Wick

No comments: