Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 560 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Irrelvant

Irrelevant

We are here on the typer
That Bukowski mentions
Except mine is a bit more
Technology
Technology
Technology
I also don’t drink like I used to drink 
At every bar
Or like Bukowski
I suppose it’s a shame
I have no chemical inspiration
And no doubt
Your notice of my bad poetry

I have to write
I have to communicate 
Anything to the universe
And uninspired on every level
Something artificial could
Do better
But that's not me
I breathe and I
Think with flesh
You may dispute that
You have my permission

There is jazz music in the background
That's inspiration from the 1950s and 1960s
Which means I'm not relevant
I get that
On this yellow checkered table cloth
Beneath a ceiling fan
Salt peanuts
Salt peanuts
Thank you Dizzy


Barry G. Wick

No comments: