The Shine
There in the shower
Standing with glimmering droplets
Caressing your body
As they fall into rivers
And oceans
Perhaps you are the reverent
Young man in the red loincloth
Hands clasp in prayer
Standing in the Ganges
He hears only the drone
Of the river as his mind
Sings Shanti
His long hair vibrating
In the pluck of the sitar
Then I see the light wave to me
From the surface of a stream
As it transforms into the wet skin
Below your back
The droplets of my desire
To reach out
Then to stop myself
As I always have
Denied myself love
Accepting only shame and guilt
This pattern is a ringing bell
From inside the shrine
Of my empty arms
Hear this prayer
As I stand in your waters
Let me find you always
In my emptiness
In your emptiness
As my hair falls
Down my neck
Standing in the thunder
Of a million storms
And the flashes
Of my body's lightning
Barry G. Wick
https://agereasonmistake.blogspot.com
Over 600 poems from the last 18 years
Paypal: rikwrybac@yahoo.com
No comments:
Post a Comment