Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Small Comforts v. A Writer's Life


the end of shelling
a bit of food
two hours of sleep
clean socks
someone's puppy
mother's voice
a torn blanket
walking to someplace safer
some rain in silence
clean water

v.

a title
the first line
an important word
inspiration from the radio
reading another writer
crossing out a word
crossing out a line
foot tapping
fingers tapping the keys
the end of the thought


The winner is

children in war

who hope
they all become writers
who can't think
of the next line
with a full refrigerator
a comfortable chair
soft music
in a neighborhood
without the sound
of gunfire
and screaming


Barry G. Wick




No comments: