Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 400 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Fateful Event

Fateful Event

Dr. J. Robert O father of the bomb
Walks into your living room
With a box that displays a red button
“You can destroy all who hate” he says
“By pressing what's here my friend”
How long will you think how long
Is it simple or difficult for you
You're not at war though the world
Is full of hate when the moment
Becomes a check on you
“May I ask you questions Dr. O?”
“More?” He says “More questions?”
Is it warmer next to your gadget?

It's all he seems to do you think
So you have the warm covers
To which you turn again and again
They'll protect you from hate
No need to use the bomb
When hiding is more powerful
Then in the Bhagavad Gita
“I am become covers of warm beds
To return to time after time
The destroyer of cold toes and
Things that go bump in the night”

Barry G. Wick

No comments: