Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 560 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Brutality

Brutality

Welcome to your profession
If you hit the top
You'll join the excession 
Sitting on your dais of fame
Exhausting all your critics with blame
I prefer the deep of the ocean
When all above has a superior notion
There I am surrounded by shells
Like myself in their pitiful hells
I drank myself into magical stupor
Thinking I was golden and sparkling super
It's here now that I’m nearer finality
What I found of life was ugly brutality
The few that I love were generous and wise
Some young some old who sussed  my disguise

Barry G. Wick

No comments: