Patron

Thank you to those who support me via my Paypal account: rikwrybac@yahoo.com. The government doesn't read my poetry. You do. Out of over 560 poems here on this blog by me, I hope you find one or more you like. Thank you for my readers. Thank you for your comments.

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Replacement

Replacement

I write to put poetry
Into the world
Friend
Put himself out of this world
He wrote when I did not

This remembers him
This apologizes for my mistake
Yes
I invited him for sex
It ended our friendship

He wrote better poetry
He would write better poetry
Now
But he's no longer alive
To open his palette of images

I found out his absence 
Years after I had known him
Hurt
An old friend dismissed
By time and wrongs

There would be no recovery
If he were still alive
Fool
As I retry that scene
That never fails to float


Barry G. Wick


No comments: